By 2015, there's no longer any doubt of the many, many benefits of preschool education for our children. And even though it might be hard dropping your son or daughter off for their first day of preschool, most parents come to look forward to the daily break almost as much as their children do. Perhaps that's why between 2011 and 2013, more than 4.4 million U.S. three and four-year-old kids attended preschool classes.
Best of all, studies show that children who do attend preschool perform 21% better on math and reading exercises when they start kindergarten. Plus, after a review of three different studies, researchers found that 80% of kids who attended preschool classes outperformed their young peers who skipped early education programs.
So if you want to give your kids their best chance to succeed in elementary school, then sending them to the best preschool Miami has to offer is one of the best decisions you can make. But like all large cities, there are a number of programs for parents to choose from. So how do you narrow down the options? Here's what to look for when making a list of the best preschools in Miami:
- Does your child need special care, like speech therapy or extra medical care? Then take special precautions to seek out preschools that can accommodate your child's needs.
- If a bilingual education is important to you, then seek out preschools and private kindergarten schools that have a bilingual staff.
- Active play is crucial to healthy childhood development, and the top preschools understand how important interactive activities are to young kids. Ensure the preschool is designed for active play and student activity.
- The best preschools offer an assessment program so parents can track the progress their son or daughter is making.
- What's the student-to-staff ratio like? The smaller the classroom size, the more individual attention your child will receive.
Although finger painting and story time might seem pretty straightforward, not all preschools are created equally. So in addition to seeking out private schools with the above qualities, do plenty of research online to ensure the school has positive reviews and all the necessary licenses.