FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
Research has shown that all young people experience learning losses when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer. To mitigate typical learning loss and to avoid several weeks of review of concepts previously instructed, Riviera Preparatory School requires both Summer Reading and Summer Math Review. All activities are graded and become one or more of the first quarter grades.
Please note that ALL Riviera Preparatory Students must complete:
- two books and follow-up activities
- a review of concepts previously taught in mathematics (approximately the length of a final exam in their math course)
Rising Seniors, members of the Class of 2017, must also complete one college essay. Guidelines are provided by English teachers and counselors in class and via email.
You will find the summer assignments in LiveBinders* linked here:
- Summer Reading 2016 (listed under tab for 2016-2017 course)
- Summer Math 2016 (listed under tab for 2016-2017 course)
*If you are having difficulty opening the documents in the LiveBinders, please note the following recommendations from the website:
- For PC users, LiveBinders is compatible with Firefox 21 and higher, Safari 4.0.5 and higher, Chrome 30 and higher, and Internet Explorer 9.0 and higher.
- For Mac users, LiveBinders is compatible with Safari 6.0.0, Chrome 30 and higher, and Firefox 21 and higher.
- Some pages may not open completely on iPads.
All required reading and mathematics activities must be completed over the summer and brought to school on Monday, August 22, 2016 the first day of the 2016-2017 academic year.
- If you are having any difficulty accessing the assignments, be sure to call 786-300-0300 for help.